The purpose of the Public Relations section is to share tips and ideas for publicizing Toastmasters clubs in Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo counties, with an emphasis on local resources, ideas and tips, and especially any avenue that offers free publicity. (Note: The website does not duplicate information that is already on http://www.toastmasters.org)
Information that pertains to the entire Division is listed below. Information that is local to specific geographic areas is listed on separate pages – mouse-over the Public Relations link above and go to Northern Div E or to the Santa Barbara Area and then select from the list of options.
Please let us know of additional resources that can be listed here.
Free posting on Craigslist
- Click “post to classifieds” link on the Craigslist website for your town or community. http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/, http://slo.craigslist.org/ and http://santamaria.craigslist.org/ cover the geographic areas in our Division.
- Click “event” for the type of posting.
- Click “events” for the type of category.
- Enter the meeting date, title, location and description and email address and follow the craigslist instructions to save the event. Photos can also be uploaded.
- Craigslist will send an email confirmation with a link to publish the event.
Note: The process above must be repeated for each meeting. If you setup a craigslist account, posting the meetings is much easier.
Free posting on Edhat
- Setup an edhat account for the club at http://sb.edhat.com for Santa Barbara area clubs or http://slo.edhat.com for San Luis Obispo area clubs.
- Login to the account and go to the Promotions section on your account page.
- Click on the Events link, then click the Add Event link.
- Fill in your club meeting details and submit the event.
- Click the link “Make Live on Edhat” to publish the post.
Setup a booth at your local Farmers Market.