Free posting on Noozhawk
- Setup a non-profit organization account on http://www.noozhawk.com for the club.
- Enter a Mission Statement and upload a Toastmaster logo for the account profile. If you don’t already have a logo you can copy and paste the one on the bottom of this page.
- Provide a contact name, email and phone number – this should preferably be the VP Public Relations.
- Login to your account and click on Submit an Event link.
- Fill in the details – meeting/club name, meeting date, time, description, location, club URL, optionally upload photos if you want to, and submit the event. A message will be displayed stating the event will be reviewed and they will let you know when it’s posted (they don’t, but that’s all right, they usually post it).
Free Press Release on Noozhawk
The press release – by Lynn Cederquist – as written below was accepted and published by Noozhawk. It was important to emphasize that Toastmasters is a non-profit organization and to highlight the value and benefits to be gained by joining Toastmasters.
Toastmasters Club [your club name as a hyperlink] announced new officers for the coming year of 20xx-20xx: President [name], Vice President of Education [name], Vice President of Membership [name], Vice President of Public Relations [name], Treasurer [name], Secretary [name] and Sergeant at Arms [name].
[your club name] meets at [meeting date, time and location].
[your club name] was chartered in [year] and is just one of thousands of the International Toastmasters Clubs. Men and women of all ages and backgrounds have learned to overcome their fear of public speaking and develop greater leadership roles through their involvement in the nonprofit Toastmasters organization. The Mission of Toastmasters is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every member has the opportunity to develop communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth. Toastmasters International is the leading movement devoted to making effective oral communication a worldwide reality.
There are several Toastmaster Clubs in [your geographic area] . Men and women, we invite you to learn the arts of speaking, listening and thinking, and be a part of our community taking these skills into our local high schools for the Toastmaster Leadership Program to help high school students learn to be more confident in themselves, and as public speakers and community leaders.
Click here for more information on [your club name as a hyperlink], or contact [membership, public relations] vice president [name] [email address].
— [name] is [club officer role] of [your club name as a hyperlink].
Here’s a link to the actual press release as it appeared in Noozhawk: